iwi failing after portupgrade

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Sun Feb 19 15:57:39 PST 2006

Vulpes Velox wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 17:13:47 +0000
> David Reid <david at jetnet.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> Did a portupgrade last night and now my iwi card works only
>> intermittently, if at all. Error log shows a LOT of
>>
>> "unknown notification type 15"
>>
>> The card had been working fine for the last 3 months until the
>> portupgrade decided to update the iwi-firmware. Any ideas?
>>

> I remember see some more info on this on the stable mailing list. You
> also need to check out grabbing the newest stable of 6. It fixed a
> nice chunk of my problems with this chipset.
>
> I still have problems with changing APs and listing, but there is
> suppose to be a fix linked to a patch set for that there some here.

Hi there, do you mind telling me how you do the 'listing' of available
APs? I tried wistumbler but it locked up my box more often than not (was
using 6.0 just before PRERELEASE#1,  iwi as module).
Maybe this issue is fixed if I build the latest iwi into the kernel?

I also have installed kismet but havent configured it ...

thx
Beto