i8000fan for freebsd and Sony PCG-z1wa

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Feb 18 09:04:37 PST 2006

Recently, I've had to diagnose problems with my dell i8200 which sadly
runs windows.  It was running slower than the dickens.  Turns out it
was heat related and the bios was stepping the speed down and never
back up.  I've not been able to fix the overheading problem (would
love to know how, btw).

In the process of all of this, I found a damn useful program that
monitored the temperature, fan speed CPU load and CPU speed, producing
a nice graph over time.

I was wondering if something similar existed for FreeBSD.  I'd like a
nice little program that I can use to graph the temperature, CPU speed
and cpu load, with and without powerd running.  Can anybody help me out?

Warner