IBM R51, freebsd 6-stable, X.org 6.9 & direct rendering

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Fri Feb 17 11:44:07 PST 2006

Gregers Petersen <gp.ioa at cbs.dk> wrote:

> Fabian Keil wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure anymore that there ever was one. After searching
> > a bit I think it's possible that I got it confused with the
> > acpi_video dpms patch.

> Do you have any experiences with the acpi_video dpms patch - it seems to
> be "rather" old and I'm not sure if its still relevant ?

The patch might be old, but at least it's not yet included in RELENG_6.

While searching for the promised acpi_video drm patch I tried
the acpi_video dpms patch to make sure it's not the one I was talking
about (it's not). I had to change one of the include lines at the
beginning, other than that the patch applied cleanly.

To make sure we're talking about the same patch:
http://people.freebsd.org/~jhb/patches/acpi_video_dpms.patch

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/