I need help to install

Moises Castellanos m2o7i1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:30:54 PST 2006

On 2/11/06, Moises Castellanos <m2o7i1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
> I want to install FreeBSD in my toshiba satellite A80-117 laptop, but when
> im in the first menu when i choose the option default, start to loading
> the
> kernel and the computer hang up, with the option of no ACPI too.
>
> The laptop has:
> Celeron M 1.4Ghz
> 256MB of RAM
> 40GB of Hard Drive.
> Atheros wireless
> Realtek LAN 10/100
> ATI 9000 graphic card.

I'm installing freeBSD 6.0 release for i386

First everything seems ok the loader runs and it load
/boot/kernel/kernel text=0x488dc8 data=0x80520+0x4ce28

The error is when im choosing the option in the first menu, in default this
appears

/boot/kernel/acpi.ko text=0x40c2c data=0x80520+0x1090
syms=[0x4+0x7810+0xa292]

and then hang

When i choose no acpi the computer hang, safe mode too. Then i choose the
boot promt and i tray with other kernels how acpi_toshiba.ko or disabling
options like acpi and still hang

When i tray to use knoppix 3.9 the keyboard and the mouse don't work, but
with ubuntu live everything works, but i want BSD not linux.