Power-drain during suspend?

Gregers Petersen gp.ioa at cbs.dk
Mon Feb 13 01:16:42 PST 2006

Anish Mistry wrote:
Just a data point.  I have a similar problem on my laptop (Fujitsu
> P2110).  Using the acpi_video DPMS patch posted by jhb a while ago
> helps out quite a lot and allows me to suspend for almost 24 hours
> vs. about 9.  This is still way less than Windows 2000 on the same
> system which can be suspended for a week with just over 25% power
> drain.  I've tried with a stripped down kernel that is just enough to
> boot eg. no USB, Firewire, network, etc.do_power_nodriver=3  and I
> still have the same problem.

I have been looking at the patch - and in as much as it has been posted
quite a long time ago, I was wondering if it had been "merged" with the
present src ?
If that is not the case - then I have to admit the following; I have
never before 'added a patch'. So I would need to know how I do that
(feel very silly and novice like, asking this) ...

> 	You can try a stripped down kernel test, but I doubt it would solve
> the problem.  If anyone has anymore suggestions I'm sure there are
> plenty more people that would like to hear them.

I've tried a similar stripped-down kernel approach and it doesn't seem
to make a whole lot of a difference (removed everything which I deemed
safe and rebooted + kldloaded various modules):-/

But it would probably be interesting to know if there are any
significant differences between 6.0 Release, Stable and Current ?

Gregers Petersen