proprietary ATI Radeon driver or fglrx

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Sat Feb 11 18:03:11 PST 2006

> From: FreeBSD Prospect <mailings.freebsd at o0l0o.org>
> Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 16:17:53 +0100
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile at freebsd.org
>
> Am Samstag, 11. Februar 2006 15:40 schrieb Niki Denev:
>
> > Astrodog wrote:
> > > I believe the 200M is supported by ATI's binary FreeBSD driver. You
> > > can get it from their website.
> >
> > Ummm... ATI binary driver for FreeBSD? Is there such thing?
>
> Now that would be nice, but there still isn't.
>
> Anybody knows of a petition for ATI FreeBSD drivers?
>
> (I just signed for the Macromedia Flash petition yesterday)

Check out the archives for current. Chris Gilbert has been working on
this. His last message (dated 20 Jan) says that he will continue work on
it in a few weeks when he has a bit more time. It is working for some,
but I'm not sure it works with the latest X.org release.

Try googling on mailing.freebsd.current ATI FireGL in Google Groups. The
messages are all between late December to late January.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)