bsd-airtools

Jeff Cross jeff.cross at averageadmins.com
Sat Feb 11 17:51:05 PST 2006

kalin mintchev wrote:
>   hi all...
>
>   anybody successfully used bsd-airtools?
>
>   i tried the dstumbler to look at my access point at home but nothing
> happens. i do get the interface with all the options but after that
> nothing shows up no mater which option i use...  any ideas?   thanks....

I have successfully used some of the bsd-airtools with my Orinoco Gold
Classic 802.11b card.  From what I have read about them, they are
strictly tied to the wi driver so any other wireless card driver will
not work.
My usage is limited.  I have used dstumbler successfully but I can't get
dwepcrack or dwepdump to work.  I don't think I have captured enough
packets to crack a WEP key, though.

Jeff