Power-drain during suspend?

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri Feb 10 15:03:34 PST 2006

> Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:06:15 +0100
> From: Gregers Petersen <gp.ioa at cbs.dk>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile at freebsd.org

> I have been changing the setting of the above to '3' - and done a bit of
> "testing" with suspend/resume.
> The result is not much different from before, the R51 still "eats" the
> battery after 6-7 hours of suspend :-/
> I have tried to suspend without X.org running to test if this had any
> effect, but there is no clear difference - and I end up with pusslement.
>
> Any suggestions about what else I could try out ?

Are you using radeontool and turning off both the DAC and the display
(assuming you have a Radeon video chip)? It saves a quite a bit of
power. Other than that, I'm not sure what to suggest.

Sorry, but maybe someone else has a better idea.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)