Suspend ...

Gregers Petersen gp.ioa at cbs.dk
Fri Feb 10 01:01:28 PST 2006

Realized that I hadn't actually send a copy of the following to the list
  (ups) -

Bakul Shah wrote:
 > So do you have all your helpful hints collected in one place?

Sorry - not at the present. But below are the relevant .conf files + my
laptop is an IBM Thinkpad R51, 1700 Mhz Pentium-m, 1 GB of RAM, Ati
Radeon Mobile 9000 with 32 mb RAM and an 1400x1050 LCD.

/boot/loader.conf

acpi_video_load="YES"
#vesa_load="YES"
cpufreq_load="YES"
acpi_ibm_load="YES"    #Enable special keys on Thinkpad
#snd_ich_load="YES"    #Built in Intel sound
#if_iwi_load="YES"    #Wireless iwi driver
hw.ata.ata_dma="1"
hw.ata.atapi_dma="1"

#Comments - I have compiled 'sound', 'wifi-chipset' and 'vesa' into
kernel, which explains the un-commented modules.

/etc/sysctl.conf

hw.acpi.reset_video=0
hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch=1
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=S3
hw.acpi.standby_state=S1
hw.acpi.suspend_state=S3
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state=S3
hw.acpi.sleep_delay=3
hw.pci.do_power_nodriver=3
vfs.usermount=1

Kernel.conf

I have basicly removed all devices which are irrelevant for this
particular R51 SXGA+ model and added the above mentioned modules (which
can be run via kldload as an alternative).

Apart from this - I'm presently using X.org 6.9.0 + XFCE 4.2.

Chz

Gregers Petersen