ath countrycode

Michal Mertl mime at traveller.cz
Wed Feb 8 05:13:29 PST 2006

Marcin Jessa wrote:
> > Jiri Mikulas wrote:
> > > Hello
> > > I have ATH cards Wistron CM9 (AR5213),
> > > I want to set correct countrycode to use correct channels (ETSI)
> > > (channels 1-13 on 11g, channels 100-140 on 11a)
> > > but it's "disabled'
> > >
> > > osika:/# sysctl -a dev.ath.0.countrycode=203
> > > sysctl: oid 'dev.ath.0.countrycode' is read only

> IMHO that should be changed without booting with a rw sysctl value.
> It's indeed strange this value is ro.

It probably won't be easy to do change (like just allowing to write to
the variable) and I don't really see a need for it. The device is
configured/initialized according to this value during device attach (on
boot).

Why you need to change it during run time? Normally it's a set-once
value. In consumer products it should even be set correctly by the
vendor/reseller in the HW.

Michal