915resolution failure on 6.1

Markus Hoenicka markus.hoenicka at mhoenicka.de
Sat Aug 26 22:36:39 UTC 2006

Markus Hoenicka writes:
 > Although it is getting off-topic for the mobile list, I'm still
 > struggling with acroread which complains about a missing
 > libXext.so.6. Both the native lib in /usr/X11R6/lib and the linux
 > version in /compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib are installed. Any clue?

Just for the googlers who bump into this after me: The root of all
evil was a stale symlink called /usr/lib/libc.so.6, pointing to a
/usr/lib/libc.so.5 which did not exist. After removing the symlink,
the Linux stuff works like a charm.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka
markus.hoenicka at cats.de
(Spam-protected email: replace the quadrupeds with "mhoenicka")
http://www.mhoenicka.de