Problem (maybe a solution) loading iwi firmware: firmware_get: failed to load firmware image iwi_bss

Erik Nørgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Tue Aug 1 17:11:58 UTC 2006

John Baldwin wrote:

> Sorry, 'hw.pci6.10.INTA.irq=5'.

Thanks!! Interface up and happy, I've pulled the cable. This is great.

One thing I noticed however, as I first configured the interface
manually, then I wanted to switch to the intended dhcp configuration: I
added the line "ifconfig_iwi0="WPA DHCP mode 11g" to rc.conf and ran

  # /etc/rc.d/netif restart

But - then I got the firmware error again! Reloading the iwi_bss module
solved the problem. But so it seems that I have to reload that module
every time I want to reconfigure the interface.

Well - this is not something I need regularly, so for now I am happy
with one problem less :)

Thanks again, Erik

--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org