anyone got ipw working without freezing?

Niki Denev nike_d at cytexbg.com
Wed Sep 21 01:55:52 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 20 September 2005 04:23, Dan Langille wrote:
> Are you using ipw?  On what laptop?
>
> Does it freeze up for you?
>
> What version of FreeBSD are you running?
>
> I get frequent freezes when using ipw under -current.

I run recent -current on my X31 and apart from
WPA not working i have strange connection drops
every time i try to use cvsup with errors like
"treecomp failed" or something like that.
Sometimes just the cvsup drops,
sometimes i need to ifconfig down/up the interface
to get it working again.
Is this what you mean by "freezing"?
A have not experienced machine lockups recently
related to ipw. I found a while ago that if i had X running and
try to load the firmware the machine will lockup instantly,
but i stopped doing that :)

--
--niki

PGP KeyId: 0xF2DB7EB9