Thinkpad middle button for scrolling?

Rong-En Fan grafan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 21:38:23 PDT 2005

On 9/21/05, Jochen Gensch <incmc at gmx.de> wrote:
> is there any way to configure the middle button of a thinpad for
> scrolling under X? Under Windows I can hold it down and scroll a page up
> / down by moving the track point. This would be nice to habe under
> FreeBSD as well :-).

I think you can add '-V' to moused, from moused(8)

     -V      Enable ``Virtual Scrolling'', with this option set, holding the
             middle mouse button down will cause motion to be interpreted as
             scrolling.  Use the -U option to set the distance the mouse must
             move before the scrolling mode is activated.

I'm quite happy with this :-)

Regards,
Rong-En Fan