Best way to load iwi firmware for wpa_supplicant?

Marcin Jessa lists at yazzy.org
Tue Sep 20 04:31:25 PDT 2005

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:27:40 +0200
Tobias Roth <roth at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 09:16:48AM +0200, Marcin Jessa wrote:
> >
> > Why are you loading the module at all and not compile it into your kernel?
>
> The firmware has to be loaded in addition of the module. When and how
> to load the firmware is the problem, not when and how to load the
> kernel module.o

I just load it within an rc.d script and iwi is compiled into my kernel, but I don't use WEP/WPA encryption.
I'd just add a function to /etc/rc which is the first thing /sbin/init executes or add a custom script to rc.d which executes before wpa_supplicant.
The only thing you'd have to remember is you have the script there performing mergemaster.
There are really so many possibilities.

Marcin.