ath channel hopping in kismet (was Re: kismet adn atheros)

Michael W. Oliver michael at gargantuan.com
Fri Sep 16 13:40:53 PDT 2005

On 2005-08-28T10:14:21+0000, Brad Schonhorst wrote:
> Michael W. Oliver wrote:
>> I wish someone knew why kismet won't channel hop...

> Well, kismet does channel hop for me.  Funny, if I try to use
> dstumbler it won't channel hop though.

Well, i figured out why kismet wasn't channel hopping, though i don't
know exactly why, so i figured that i would post here for the archives.

Some time back, I saw a post from Sam Leffler about using
ath_rate_sample instead of onoe, so I set that in my kernel config file.
well, today while rebuilding world/kernel, the kernel build blew up
while building ath something-or-other, so on a whim i switched back to
ath_rate_onoe, and not only did the kernel build successfully, but
kismet now channel hops just dandy.  i can't say for sure that switching
from 'sample' to 'onoe' is the real fix as I can't get a kernel to build
with 'sample' right now to test with kismet, but i figured i would toss
this out anyway.

thanks, have a good one.

--
Mike Oliver
[see complete headers for contact information]