DUPlicate icmpv6 echo replies over wi0

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Sep 6 07:52:26 PDT 2005

In message: <E9D3E995-B93A-4CE5-8137-656793576B42 at feedface.com>
            Folkert Saathoff <folkert at feedface.com> writes:
: i have noticed that the machine which i suspect is causing the
: trouble has
: a different station firmware version.
: dmesg on the two good machines tells me:
:      wi0: using RF:PRISM2 MAC:HFA3841 CARD:HWB3163 rev.A
:      wi0: Intersil Firmware: Primary (0.3.0), Station (1.7.1)
: while on the bad machine its
:      wi0: using RF:PRISM2 MAC:HFA3841 CARD:HWB3163 rev.A
:      wi0: Intersil Firmware: Primary (0.3.0), Station (0.8.3)
:
: i dont even know what a station firmware does, but i can imagine this
: being the guilty party.

Generally, firmware before about 1.3.8 for Prism cards sucks real bad.
The list of bugs fixed prior to 1.3.8 is a mile long and generally
consists of issues with margincal connections and/or edge case
standards compliance.

0.8.3 is really really bad.  I have one card with that version which
is very picky about which APs it assocaites with...

Warner