Suspend drains battery on IBM T42

Anish Mistry mistry.7 at osu.edu
Wed Oct 12 16:13:39 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 12 October 2005 06:10 pm, Barkley Vowk wrote:
> I just got a new T42 notebook, and everything works ok, except when
> I drop the notebook into acpi sleep, it burns through the battery
> in 8 hours or so. It would be nice if the notebook could suspend at
> least overnight.
I have the exact same problem on my Fujitsu P2110.

Try this patch to acpi_video:
http://am-productions.biz/docs/acpi_video_dpms.patch

It helps (you'll probably get 10-12 hours now) as it will shutoff the
video adapter, but I still have the power drain problem.  I'm not
sure what isn't powering down correctly since I've tried to suspend
with all the power management tunables for max power saving.

In my /boot/loader.conf:
hw.pci.do_power_nodriver="3"

--
Anish Mistry