NB Acer [3|5]0x and ACPI

AT Matik asstec at matik.com.br
Sun Oct 2 15:14:44 PDT 2005

On Sunday 02 October 2005 07:42, Bruno Ducrot wrote:

> > The problem went away after setting
> >
> > hint.apic.0.disabled="1"
> > into /boot/loader.conf

I tried this before (btw should be in device.hints)
indeed I had no interrupt problem but I do not use any USB só I can not answer
this correct

even if my NB works fine with it I then need to compile with apm and I am not
sure if I should regress to apm with 6.0 but anyway, trying to run powerd and
apmd gave me some strange errors so I recompiled without apm

At this point my conclusion is that the powermanagement seems somewhat
unusable at least on my notebook

even if I see power_profile changed to performance/economy in messages this
does not do anything regarding my battery time, I know this Acer is not
exactly the runner but my battery do not last longer than 30-40 minutes only
using konsole and email, I tried it with windows on it I get more than 90
minutes

the funny thing is that I checked just for fun on my fbsd4.11R with KDE
notebook setting low powerprofile and soon I start X the computer is unusable
slow, in fact it does not even go to show kdm, it hangs somewhere when X
loads the mouse pointer. So probably the problem is much older then 6.0 and
probably not acpi related

João

--

Atenciosamente