NDIS wlan driver trouble, 6.0Beta5, DELL D610, Broadcom 4320 miniPCI

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 2 11:35:23 PDT 2005

Andreas Klemm wrote:

> Maybe you have an idea, which of these files might be firmware:

> -rwxr-xr-x  0 root  wheel    369024 Dec  6  2004 bcmwl5.sys
> -rwxr-xr-x  0 root  wheel     25674 Dec  6  2004 bcmwl5a.inf

Andreas,

I have a similar card in my D800, you want those two files. ndisgen will
build a module called bcmwl5_sys.ko. Move that to /boot/modules, do 'kldxref
/boot/modules'. Make sure that the ndis driver is NOT loaded, then kldload
bcmwl5_sys and do 'ifconfig ndis0 up'.

If that doesn't work for you, something is desperately wrong.

hth,

Doug