pccards

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Nov 22 04:11:41 GMT 2005

In message: <1132437985.69627.8.camel at felipa.webtent.org>
            Robert Fitzpatrick <lists at webtent.net> writes:
: I am trying FreeBSD 6.0 on my laptop since reading of wireless
: capabilities. I have a D-Link DWL-AG650 card and see the card below in
: my /etc/defaults/pccard.conf:
:
: # D Link DWL-650 11Mbps WLAN Card
: card "D" "Link DWL-650 11Mbps WLAN Card"
:         config  auto "wi" ?
:         insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device start
:         remove  /etc/pccard_ether $device stop

pccard.conf is no longer used.

: cardbus1: <network, ethernet> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)

You don't have a wi card.  wi are never cardbus cards, so you have a
different card.

: I guess this means this card will not work? If so, anyone suggest a way
: to get it working? I ask this because I found the following post that
: sounds like someone did have theirs working, but I do not see an ath0:
:
: http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=265162+0
: +archive/2004/freebsd-mobile/20040118.freebsd-mobile

do you have ath in your kernel?  If so, you may have to extract the
driver from the cdrom that came with the card and use ndis.

Warner