ndis 64-bit Broadcom 4318 on a Compaq R4125

Graham Bakay graham at bitmap.net
Tue Nov 15 21:47:18 PST 2005

Hi there,

I'm trying to get ndis working with a 64-bit wireless driver on FreeBSD
6.0 amd64. The windows driver works using ndis on Ubuntu.

I've used ndisgen to create the kernel module. When I try to load it, I
get the following:

no match for RtlZeroMemory
no match for RtlCopyMemory
ntoskrnl dummy called...
ndis0: <Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter> mem 0xb0204000-0xb0205fff irq
21 at device 2.0 on pci3
ndis0: NDIS API version: 5.1
ntoskrnl dummy called...
ntoskrnl dummy called...
[repeats multiple times]
fpudna in kernel mode!
[repeats multiple times]
ntoskrnl dummy called...
ntoskrnl dummy called...
ndis0: NDIS ERROR: c000138d (unknown error)
ndis0: init handler failed
device_attach: ndis0 attach returned 6

Is there anything I can do to get this working in FreeBSD? Or is it just
an incompatibility that I'll have to live with?

Thanks,
Graham.