IBM T42 freezes when going to sleep under X11

Bakul Shah bakul at BitBlocks.com
Mon Nov 14 06:31:17 PST 2005

> When using the 6.0-RELEASE kernel (including GENERIC), I cannot go to
> sleep when X11 is running: the machine freezes, display still on. I
> tried disabling DRI, but this does not seem to be the problem: I have
> no DRM anyway.

I upgraded my T42 to -current from the 6.0 release kernel but
from what I remember it worked fine with suspend/resume if
acpi_video.ko was loaded at boot time.  My T42 has Radeon M7
-- not sure if that makes a difference.  If I want DRM (for
openGL) the T42 has to be booted without acpi_video.ko.  And
then I usually forget and put the laptop to sleep => instant
reboot on wakeup!

When I upgraded to -current I did not make any changes with
X11.  For what it is worth, this is my /boot/loader.conf

if_em_load="YES"
if_ath_load="YES"
if_iwi_load="YES"
wlan_tkip_load="YES"