IBM T43 resume problems

Sergey Matveychuk sem at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 12 04:05:46 PST 2005

Fabian Keil wrote:
> Sergey Matveychuk <sem at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>

>>I've got troubles with resuming on my IBM T43 laptop:
>>1) it slows down when resumed (slow typing)
>

> I don't know anything about the ACPI related problems,
> but this one probably could be cured by adding
> "device pmtimer" to the kernel.
>
> Did you try the GENERIC kernel?

Oh, it's my problem - i've used a  little modified kernel config from my
desctop. So there was no device pmtimer there.
I've added it and 1) gone.

>>2) console font is reseted
>
> ?

I have these lines in /etc/rc.conf:
font8x14="cp866-8x14"
font8x16="cp866-8x16"
font8x8="cp866-8x8"

When I resumed the font reseted to default. I can fix it with switching
on X11 and back to console. After that the font restored.

--
Sem.