5.4 on a Thinkpad 240 - help with apm, X

Omar Thameen omar at westside.urbanblight.com
Thu Nov 10 09:05:59 PST 2005

Hi Folks,

I just upgraded my Thinkpad 240 (old, I know, but nicely sized)
from 4.6 to 5.4 (wanted to get bluetooth working), and I'm having
a number of difficulties and am hoping someone can reference their
working configs to help out.

Everything was working on 4.6, but here are my issues now:

1) apm.  Can't get valid data about the battery state, hard drives
and monitor don't power down.

2) mouse.  Can't get the Trackpoint working with X.org (was working
with XFree86 on 4.6).  Can't get the copy/paste working when not
using X.  Mouse does work as sysmouse with X.org when an external
keyboard/mouse is plugged in.

3) bluetooth (how ironic).  I'll save this for the bluetooth mailing
list, but if anyone has any tips, I can get the phone's BD_ADDR,
but can't pair.

It's quite possible that I'm missing something in my kernel and X
configs (at the URLs below), so if anyone has a working one they
can forward, I'd be much obliged.

kernel:       http://panix.com/~omar/ml/TP240_5_4
X.org config: http://panix.com/~omar/ml/xorg.conf.tp240

Omar