Broadcom wireless ndis 64 bit

Peter Carah pete at altadena.net
Tue Nov 8 22:48:25 PST 2005

Sam Leffler wrote:
> Can you give me url's to these drivers; I've been looking for 64-bit xp
> broadcom wireless drivers.
>
>     Sam

Sure.  I got the one at acer from jkim, but lost it and then found it
independently...  Since neither works, at least in a compaq, I don't know how
useful they will be except to figure out what that error code I get means...
I gather that the one from acer works in some laptops, and fails with both
ndiswrapper and our ndis emulator on others, and may work with linuxant's
loader (I don't know as I don't have linux on this machine.)

Anyhow:
http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/drivers.php, then find the obvious link
(it is the first thing in the table).
and,
http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/portal.cfm?website=AcerPanAm.com/us&originwebsite=acerpanam.com&pupv=pu&formid=3394#results
and about halfway down the page is an entry for Broadcom WLAN driver for XP x64.

I'd substitute an atheros (I have a couple of CM9s) but the dumb Compaq bios
barfs when anything other than a BCM 4318 or 4320 is in the minipci slot.  The
simple patch for IBM systems doesn't apply to the compaq :-(

Currently I'm using a different atheros (Netgear "dual 108" card; fbsd doesn't
see the independent transceivers but it does work in a, b, and g mode.)  I hate
using a plugin card when the machine has a perfectly good builtin which
"should" work...

-- Pete