new laptop

Vulpes Velox v.velox at vvelox.net
Tue Nov 8 18:11:48 PST 2005

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:14:44 -0500
"Michael W. Lucas" <mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I can't find this discussion in the archives for the last couple of
> months, so I guess it's time to ask: I'm looking for a new FreeBSD
> laptop.  Any recommendations?
>
> Ideally, it would have an amd64 CPU and hardware 3d video
> acceleration.

Not a amd64, but still a nice one. I have a Toshiba Tecra M3 that is
working out nicely. The only thing not working under freebsd is the
gigabit ethernet and the modem. The rest is working nicely. You need
to run releng_6 on it. releng_5_4 has hangs due to something
involving USB detection or the like. I am happy with how it runs
quake 4 under freebsd.