new laptop

Bruno Ducrot ducrot at poupinou.org
Tue Nov 8 11:59:22 PST 2005

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 09:14:44AM -0500, Michael W. Lucas wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I can't find this discussion in the archives for the last couple of
> months, so I guess it's time to ask: I'm looking for a new FreeBSD
> laptop.  Any recommendations?
>
> Ideally, it would have an amd64 CPU and hardware 3d video
> acceleration.

Acer seems to be fine for me.  There is still some bug though
especially with battery support, but I'm working on that issue
(one part being already done by Nate Lawson with his recent commit
about smart batteries support) and I believe it would be a good choice
if you can wait for FreeBSD 6.1.

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.