Help getting Option N.V. Fusion UMTS Quad-GPRS run

Rehsack Jens (ext) jens.rehsack.ext at siemensvdo.com
Fri Nov 4 08:43:09 PST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: guru at Sisis.de [mailto:guru at Sisis.de]
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 4:56 PM
To: Rehsack Jens (ext)
Cc: guru at Sisis.de; rehsack at liwing.de; freebsd-mobile at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Help getting Option N.V. Fusion UMTS Quad-GPRS run

> El día Friday, November 04, 2005 a las 04:33:36PM +0100, Rehsack Jens (ext) escribió:
>
> > Hi Matthias,
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > I've forgotten the ppp.log itself.
>
> the logs in the other e-mail show that the card itself is fine
> and attached; communication is up and you may disable the debugging
> modes;
>
> the rest is a PPP negotiating problem; try it with my example
> files and with something like 'pppd call umts';

Hi Matthias,

the Novatel Merlin UMTS 630 worked fine with that ppp.conf (but
didn't work fine after dial up ^^)

I didn't really want to switch to another software, when I don't
understand, what's the error raises.

I tried using minicom set the Pin and it always return "ERROR",
even if I tried to request whether the Pin is enabled or not.

Maybe it's a hardware-defect on the pin-card...

On monday I get a windows-pc and we will check whether it works there
or not. But maybe someone sees the error ... before that ;-)

Jens