Call for testers: New acpi_ibm driver

Arne Schwabe arne at rfc2549.org
Tue May 31 17:11:11 PDT 2005

Markus Brueffer <markus at FreeBSD.org> writes:

>> > Please mail me on failure and success and include the output of
>> > # sysctl hw.acpi.ibm
>>
>> hw.acpi.ibm.initialmask: 2060
>> hw.acpi.ibm.availmask: 16777215
>> hw.acpi.ibm.events: 0
>> hw.acpi.ibm.eventmask: 2060
>> hw.acpi.ibm.hotkey: 2432
>> hw.acpi.ibm.lcd_brightness: 5
>> hw.acpi.ibm.volume: 6
>> hw.acpi.ibm.mute: 0
>> hw.acpi.ibm.thinklight: 0
>> hw.acpi.ibm.bluetooth: 0
>> hw.acpi.ibm.wlan: 0
>> hw.acpi.ibm.fan_rpm: 3516
>> hw.acpi.ibm.fan_status: 1
>> hw.acpi.ibm.thermal: 61 -1 55 39 41 -1 27 -1

(I have an old kernel at the Moment, will add this later if needed)

>> > - support for reading up to 8 thermal sensors
>>
>> Is there any reference that describes which sensor
>> monitors what part of ThinkPad?
>
> Not that I know of, since this might vary from model to model. But to quote
> the README of the linux driver:
>
> Thomas Gruber took his R51 apart and traced all six active sensors in
> his laptop (the location of sensors may vary on other models):
>
> 1:  CPU
> 2:  Mini PCI Module
> 3:  HDD
> 4:  GPU
> 5:  Battery
> 6:  N/A
> 7:  Battery
> 8:  N/A

I can confirm the first is the cpu and that 5 +7 are the main battery.
For my system 6 + 8 are for the second battery (ultrabay)

My asl
http://www.plaisthos.de/misc/kamino-t40p-2373-g3g.asl

--
compiling millions of tiny c-programs...done
checking for a working configure script... not found