Resume from suspend on Toshiba Sat Pro 4600 oddity

Ian Dowse iedowse at iedowse.com
Sat May 28 10:03:27 PDT 2005

In message <42974156.73Qokj4cw9AtpALm318pP+x/@lmrmac.uhw.utoledo.edu>, rafege at g
mail.com writes:
>Even ACPI suspend/resume (acpiconf -s 3) worked mostly,
>which I found encouraging, since it hasn't on my
>Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 running 5.4-R.
>
>The first "resume" problem I've seen before:
>the USB system fails to come back from the suspend,
>which happens on my 6100, also.
>This is "easy" to fix by adding USB_DEBUG to the kernel.

Interesting - can you supply a dmesg showing the USB probe messages
and any error messages you see after resuming? It should also be
relatively straightforward to narrow down which USB_DEBUG code is
making it work.

>The other nit I haven't seen before:
>on resume (either ACPI or APM), the LCD is left "blank"
>(i.e., the backlight is on, but the console text is
>not displayed).

You could try kldloading "vesa" or adding "options VESA" to the
kernel config. I'm not sure if that will make a difference, but the
VESA code does some extra restoring of display state on resume that
might help.

Ian