AW: How to run Xorg on a 1280x800 display/915GM chipset?

Markus Hoenicka markus.hoenicka at mhoenicka.de
Mon May 23 17:56:58 PDT 2005

Jan Göbel writes:
 > > The S260 claims to use an Intel 915GM chipset with integrated
 > > graphics which uses shared memory. The display is a 12" WXGA
 > > running at 1280x800.
 >
 > I've got the same laptop (Medion) and I've found out that it's chipset isn't
 > supported yet:
 >
 > Until then, use the vesa driver. Unless you're using 3D-graphics, it works
 > well.

Ok, I'll try this. Just in any case: would you have a xorg.conf handy
in case I can't get it to work?

Thanks for the hint, and thanks to all others who replied in this
short amount of time.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka
markus.hoenicka at cats.de
(Spam-protected email: replace the quadrupeds with "mhoenicka")
http://www.mhoenicka.de