if_iwi.ko - INTEL/pro 2915abg - source code for FreeBSD-5.4 ??? to build in kernel ??

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Mon May 23 03:25:07 PDT 2005

Hi Hanno,

> QUESTION:
> Is there any way to enable for driver build under FreeBSD-5.4 ???
> I would like to take the "#" off, but "config my-kernel" is complaining

AFAIK, no.  iwi(4) is still highly experimental : Damien Bergamini just
commited a few fixes which allows my card to associate, but I still
can't communicate with other hosts.

Furthermore, there were major rewrites of the 802.11 code by Sam Leffler
in -CURRENT, and I believe they have not been MFC'd to RELENG_5.  Since
iwi(4) should make an intensive use of this framework, it won't work
on RELENG_5 likely.

Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen