BSD support for wireless card

Matthew Luckie mjl at luckie.org.nz
Tue May 17 15:14:25 PDT 2005

Hi Sam

>  I'm considering backporting the card support (only) to 5.x later in
> the year but for now -current is the only place to get support for all
> available Atheros parts.

I think I've done something similar to get my particular ath chip detecting
802.11b modes in 5.3

http://www.wand.net.nz/~mjl12/contrib-ath.diff
http://www.wand.net.nz/~mjl12/dev-ath.diff

I'd be happy to do the grunt work in backporting the card support to 5.x
if it will increase the chances of getting better ath support in before
5.5 (which i guess coincides with 'later in the year').

If you have a list of things that need to be backported, I'll happily
work on them if you let me know.

Matthew