modem/ppp

kalin mintchev kalin at el.net
Tue May 10 02:09:43 PDT 2005

thanks for replying..
i used either recommendation with the one from:
http://FreeBSD.a1poweruser.com:6088/05.04-Internet_access_protocols.htm#User%20PPP

almost working. using the example conf file i get to dial and hear all the
normal modem sounds and after a while i get: PPP enabled. but can not ping
anywhere outside.
ifconfig tun0 prints inbetween other stuff this:
inet 148.222.111.111 --> 333.333.333.3 netmask 0xffffffff
Opened by PID 1037

ps shows that the process is running. i can ping the 333.333.333.3 number
but nothing else. in the resolve.conf i have dns that are not necesarely
the isp's but i know they are working fine. but even bypassing the dns by
just pinging ips i can't ping anything but the 333.333.333.3 number....

any idea why?

thanks...