Sony Ericsson GC85 GPRS/EDGE pcmcia card

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Mar 28 18:12:36 PST 2005

> On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 01:40:27PM +0200, Espen Tagestad wrote:
> > It looks like it is a 02Micro OZ6933 PCI-CardBus Bridge.
>
> Ah. Warner would know more about these than I -- he went through quite a
> bit of pain I believe to get them to work.
> I believe some other vendors' bridges allow the ISA function interrupt to
> be routed to a different IRQ than the card service interrupt, but have
> never touched hardware with the O2Micro parts in.

Yes and no.  But it isn't really relevant to newcard, which always,
for PCI devices, uses PCI interrupts.  O2 Micro parts work fairly
well, even.

> The reason this is sometimes needed is that not all PCMCIA devices will
> allow you to choose any available IRQ -- some of them will only support
> a very limited subset of IRQs in their configuration tuples, and this
> was the case with my smart card reader.

The PC Cards have one interrupt pin, and have no knowledge of how they
are routed.  The pccard code ignores the interrupts listed unless
we're plugged into an ISA bridge.  So that can't be the issue.

Warner