Pccard problem with NE2000 clone

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Mar 18 22:21:33 PST 2005

In message: <200503181644.36236.doconnor at gsoft.com.au>
            "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor at gsoft.com.au> writes:
: Hi,
: I recently obtained a Toshiba Satellite 2540CDS and I planned to use an
: NE2000 clone PCMCIA card for network access. This machine has a ToPIC95B
: bridge in it. Since that machine has no network access I thought I'd try
: it in my main work laptop (Inspiron 8600 with a TI4510 bridge) and it
: has very similar symptoms.
:
: I get the following dmesg output (with debugging sysctls cranked up) when
: I insert it.
: Mar 18 12:32:28 inchoate kernel: pccard0: CIS info: Ethernet Adapter, E2000 PCMCIA Ethernet, D, NE2000
: I made up the attached diff, but no joy.. Any help appreciated :)

+	{ PCMCIA_CARD(OEM2, NE2000, 0), 0},

+product OEM2 NE2000		{ "E2000&spPCMCIA&spEthernet", "Ethernet&spAdapter", NULL, NULL } NE2000 PC Card

I think this should be:

+product OEM2 NE2000		{ "Ethernet&spAdapter", "E2000&spPCMCIA&spEthernet", NULL } NE2000 PC Card

instead (although the elimination of the NULL shouldn't matter one way
or the other.  Hmmm, I can't find it now, but I seem to recall that
you tried this and it didn't work.  This surprises me because it
should have...

Warner