Function keys

Michael L. Hostbaek mich at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 17 07:08:11 PST 2005

Thiemo Nordenholz (list+ie7qf001jl79sii4) writes:

> I would then look into the audio configuration... E.g. "does mixer(8) work?"
> Then, I would have a look into what hotkeys does to adjust the volume --
> after all, it seems to do something which just doesn't work - but the
> triggering of actions through the special keys has succeeded.

Actually I realized that hotkeys(1) was adjusting the volume through
SOUND_MIXER_WRITE_VOLUME - and my soundcard only responds through pcm(4)
(for god knows what reason) - so I simply changed all instances of
SOUND_MIXER_READ_VOLUME and SOUND_MIXER_WRITE_VOLUME to
SOUND_MIXER_READ_PCM and SOUND_MIXER_WRITE_PCM in the hotkeys.c

It works now !

/mich