Function keys

Thiemo Nordenholz list+ie7qf001jl79sii4 at thiemo.net
Thu Mar 17 05:25:08 PST 2005

> Thanks. I just installed the port, and it does indeed recognized the
> keys now (Volume up/down and mute). However, nothing happens when I
> press them (except for the OSD flash) - the volume is not adjusted.
> The man page is not very helpful, any ideas ?

I would then look into the audio configuration... E.g. "does mixer(8) work?"
Then, I would have a look into what hotkeys does to adjust the volume --
after all, it seems to do something which just doesn't work - but the
triggering of actions through the special keys has succeeded.

I did not really investigate the internal workings of that program though,
it just worked from the start for me.

Cheers,
  Thiemo

--