Using VESA to restore display settings on resume

Jochen Gensch incmc at gmx.de
Thu Mar 3 02:34:19 PST 2005

Rong-En Fan schrieb:

> I use 3/3's current with this patch on IBM TP X31. I can now successfully
> suspend/resume in X with dri enable on RADEON! (can't do that before, with
> dri, after resume screen mess up). reset_video 0 or 1 both works. It even
> works without vesa module loaded. The only problem is that my tracepoint
> (psm0) dead after resume.

On my Thinkpad A30p I was able to reactivate my trackpoint after resume
by setting hint.psm.0.flags="0x6000" in /boot/device.hints.

Could you tell me more about you resume issues? I have a Radeon Mobility
as well an my backlight does not turn off, when going to suspend nuder a
normal CURRENT. Did you also use that DPMS patch posted here a while
ago, or did you only use that vesa patch?

No other modifications, any sysctls...?

Thanks, Jochen