The right way to connect to DHCP & static addressed networks.

Robert McElhaney rmcelhaney at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 13:58:12 GMT 2005

I'm currently running FreeBSD 5.3 on my Sony Vaio and I use the laptop
in two different work environments. My home office uses DHCP to assign
the ip address, default router, and name servers. My work office uses a
company issued static ip address,  company default router, and company
name servers. Has anyone already done this and documented it somewhere?
If not, should I try to solve it in dhclient, or should I just write
some custom scripting to add to the rc startup scripts? Any
recommendations would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Robert