USB2 Cardbus Compatibility

Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko Alex.Kovalenko at verizon.net
Thu Jun 9 16:54:21 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 22:58 -0400, Wesley Morgan wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a cardbus USB2 card on -current?
> I've seen a little traffic on it but nothing definitive and don't want to
> buy a lemon.

As long as you keep in mind that USB 2.0 support, even in -current, has
its share of problems, following cards worked for me:
--BUSlink USB 2.0 Cardbus for Notebook (Model: UII-CB4) -- four port
card with bulky hub tacked onto it. Might easily obscure all PCMCIA
slots. I had problems using it with the wireless card, just because both
have prominent external features.
--IBM ThinkPad USB 2.0 CardBus adapter (P/N 33L3245, FRU (for card)
32P5080, FRU (for pigtail) 32P5081). This has pigtail with two ports
(one 100ma and one 500ma).

HTH
--
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)