Call for testers: New acpi_ibm driver

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Wed Jun 1 05:02:16 PDT 2005

On 30 May 2005 at 18:57, Markus Brueffer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for testers for a mostly rewritten and enhanced version of
> the acpi_ibm (ACPI Thinkpad Extras) driver.
>
> You can find it along with a first draft of the new manpage at:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~markus/ibm/
>
> If you are running -CURRENT, simply replace the former driver with the
> new one in sys/dev/acpi_support and rebuild it. (sorry, no patch for
> 5.x for now).
>
> Please mail me on failure and success and include the output of
> # sysctl hw.acpi.ibm

This is from current as of Monday on an IBM ThinkPad T41.

# sysctl hw.acpi.ibm
hw.acpi.ibm.initialmask: 2060
hw.acpi.ibm.availmask: 2524
hw.acpi.ibm.events: 0
hw.acpi.ibm.eventmask: 2060
hw.acpi.ibm.hotkey: 1040
hw.acpi.ibm.lcd_brightness: 7
hw.acpi.ibm.volume: 12
hw.acpi.ibm.mute: 0
hw.acpi.ibm.thinklight: 0
hw.acpi.ibm.bluetooth: 0
hw.acpi.ibm.wlan: 1
hw.acpi.ibm.fan_rpm: 2956
hw.acpi.ibm.fan_status: 1
hw.acpi.ibm.thermal: 44 45 30 44 32 -1 26 -1
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/