S3 and/or S4 modes for Sony Vaio PCG-v505?

George Hartzell hartzell at alerce.com
Thu Jul 28 23:29:09 GMT 2005

Joe Kraft writes:
 > M. Warner Losh wrote:
 > > In message: <1121757920.1153.22.camel at localhost>
 > >             Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova at fbsd.ru> writes:
 > > : I have same issues with Sony PCG-Z1WA.
 > >
 > > Same here.  I get the LED on the power light to come back on, and
 > > nothing else.  Makes it hard to do suspend testing :-)
 > >
 > > Warner
 >
 > Has anyone tried any of the linux versions with your pcg-v505?  I'm
 > digging into ACPI, but I've never tried any of the linux distros to see
 > if it worked there.

I've described my problems with a Sony PCG-GRX570 here before, but in
short, if I run w/ a stripped down kernel, it suspends then almost
resumes.  Something in the display is wedged, if i give it a little
time and type blindly, or pop the power button, it'll almost shutdown
[it hangs, but not until after it's unmounted the filesystems].

Ubuntu linux 5.04 w/ a text console suspends and resumes fine on the
same machine.  X doesn't quite come back to live correctly.

g.