setting up wireless connectivity on the ibm t40 with cisco pci wireless lan adapter

Stefan Bauer duke at splatterworld.de
Tue Jul 26 11:43:38 GMT 2005

st.john schrieb:

> Hi Guys,
> i am looking for info that will enable me to use my internal pci cisco
> wireless card on my ibm t40 laptop under freebsd 5.4 How do I set this
> up ? I have googled and searched freebsd.org but have been unable to
> find info that will describe what is involved and how to set up the
> config files, drivers etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

things you should read first:

FreeBSD hardware notes for the current 5.4 release [1]
the an[2] Aironet Driver for a lot of Cisco Cards
Howto Setup a wireless connection[3]

keep in mind if u reporting problems to provide infos like (pciconf -l
-v ; current kernel config ; important parts of dmesg)

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/hardware-i386.html
[2]
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=an&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+5.4-RELEASE
[3]
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-wireless.html

--
Sincerely yours

Stefan Bauer
---
SplatterWorld - you have to know this, nothing else...
www.splatterworld.de - www.splatterworld.com - www.splatterworld.net
German IRCD splatterworld.de.quakenet.org Hosted by SplatterWorld