S3 and/or S4 modes for Sony Vaio PCG-v505?

Joe Kraft jvk-list at thekrafts.org
Mon Jul 18 21:11:31 GMT 2005

I've sent this to the ACPI list, but didn't receive any responses.  I'm
hoping sending this here will come up with something.

Has anyone looked at the suspend modes for this (or any other) Sony
Vaio? Of course it's the one I have...  :-)

It doesn't seem to return from the S3 or S4 state.  In a little
debugging of the S3 state, I'm getting the ACPI return from suspend
message in my message log.  The display never lights back up and the
computer doesn't respond to anything except the power switch.

I haven't found anything from google, or in the handbook that really helps.

I've dumped the ASL and it compiles cleanly.  I've stripped most devices
out of the kernel to get a minimal version for testing, and built a
debug version of the acpi module.  At this point, I don't understand the
ACPI code well enough to understand how it's all supposed to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions about where to look to see about
getting this working?  Eventually I'd like to get it working well enough
to use FBSD for my laptop OS, but for now I'd be happy to get even a
little of it to work from the console.

Joe.