[question] R3000Z + FreeBSD 6.0 or just FreeBSD in general

Joshua joshual at emailengine.org
Sun Jul 17 23:39:14 GMT 2005

Hi, I have an R3000Z, and have used freebsd 5.4 both i386, and amd64
versions on it. I've recenlty migrated back to a linux distro of choice
because although I found FreeBSD to be a superior OS in just about every
other aspect, I found (as expected from reading about this
laptop+freebsd all over the place) this laptop not so well supported.
I'm wondering if its expected that the machine will be better supported
in 6.0, as I'd love to go back to fbsd. I've also read that the problem
is actually the BIOS is just broken, if so why isnt it being fixed? :)
thanks for any help
joshua