5.4-RELEASE on ThinkPad 380ED

Steven F. Miller newsgoodforyou at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 11:14:36 GMT 2005

Model: IBM ThinkPad 380ED
CPU: Pentium/P55C 586-class @ 166MHz
48MB RAM / 3.0G harddrive

My Problem:

I can not get my wireless card to work! (Lucent WaveLAN Silver)

Here is some output from dmesg:

pcib0: <Host to PCI bridge> pcibus 0 on motherboard
pci0: <PCI bus> on pcib0
pci0: <bridge> at device 1.0 (no driver attached)
pci0: <display, VGA> at device 3.0 (no driver attached)
pci0: <bridge, PCI-PCMCIA> at device 19.0 (no driver attached)

I had to manually type the info above since my StinkPad can not talk to any AP and it is sooooo old that it does not have USB or ethernet.

I have tried somethings to fix my issue but they did not work.

--made a custom kernel, removing USB & ethernet probing in hopes that that was putting my PCMCIA into a weird state before it got probed.
--edited loader.conf so that it would get things looking for PCMCIA

Nothing works.
HELP

Steven Miller
-sfm