acpi randomly hangs my portable

Stefan Bauer duke at splatterworld.de
Wed Jul 13 19:48:43 GMT 2005

Vittorio De Martino schrieb:

>On my laptop with the latest freebsd 5.4 when I work under a csh console
>acpi , from time to time, without any plausible reason, stops the system and
>freezes it as if it were idle for a long time while it wasn't actually. How
>can I deactivate this acpi option?
>Vittorio

have a look at the acpi boot messages, if there is some strangeness
also "sysctl -a | grep acpi."

maybe acpi is slow down the cpu speed and cause freezes in this way

in fact its hard to figure out without enough informations

--
Sincerely yours

Stefan Bauer
---
SplatterWorld - you have to know this, nothing else...
www.splatterworld.de - www.splatterworld.com - www.splatterworld.net
German IRCD splatterworld.de.quakenet.org Hosted by SplatterWorld