Samsung X20-XVM 1600-V

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Thu Jul 7 17:03:08 GMT 2005

Hi,

Oliver Fromme wrote:
> Erich Dollansky <oceanare at pacific.net.sg> wrote:
>  > > Oliver Fromme wrote:
>  > > > They give a 2-year pick-up warranty.  What more could I
>  > > > ask for?
>  >
>  > I understand they statement in the German version that they give you
>  > what is required by law plus they pick it up for free.
>
> No, in Germany the law requires _nothing_ from vendors.
> This two-year warranty is completely independent.
>
> In German, the law requires a so-called "Gewährleistung"
> which is two years like you described.  This is solely
> the responsibility of the dealer/retailer where I bought
> the stuff.  The vendor or manufacturer has nothing to do
> with it.
>
> The warranty provided by vendors (called "Garantie") is
> a completely different and independent thing.  It's a
> voluntary service of vendors which the German law doesn't
> regulate or mandate at all.  Of course, if a vendor puts
> it into his advertising (or his formal terms and condi-
> tions), it is legally binding for him.  The law doesn't
> allow lying.  ;-)

This is what I see at their web site:

Service & Support  	  	 24 Monate Vor-Ort-Abholservice europaweit

This does not say anything about an additional warranty except of what
the law requires. It only states that they will pick the notebook up for
free.

They do not lie, the just phrase it smart.

Erich